QUTENZA Is the First and Only Treatment to Deliver
Prescription-Strength Capsaicin Directly to the Skin
Up to 3 months of
A 60-minute treatment for
Treat post-shingles nerve pain at the site of pain
No drug-drug interactions
QUTENZA can be used alone or in combination with other treatments
QUTENZA Works Differently to Treat Post-Shingles Nerve Pain
- Works to quiet damaged nerves
- Can be used alone or in combination with other treatments
In Clinical Trials, QUTENZA Has Been Shown to Significantly Relieve Pain for up to 3 Months in People with Post-Shingles Nerve Pain
- Effective for patients who are already taking other pain medicines
- Unlikely to interact with other medicines
- May not work for everyone. Only you and your doctor can decide if QUTENZA is right for you
How Quickly QUTENZA May Work for You
In a clinical study, some patients with post-shingles nerve pain began to feel pain relief after 1 week. In clinical studies, some patients did not respond to the first treatment of QUTENZA, but did respond to the second treatment of QUTENZA. QUTENZA is applied by a healthcare professional, no more frequently than every 90 days.
Most Common Side Effects
- QUTENZA is a non-opioid, non-systemic treatment
- QUTENZA has no known drug-drug interactions
QUTENZA can cause serious side effects, including severe irritation, pain, and increases in blood pressure during or right after treatment.
In all clinical trials, the most common drug-related side effects of QUTENZA were redness, pain, or itching where QUTENZA was applied. You should tell your doctor if any side effects bother you or do not go away.
Please see additional Important Safety Information.