For more information about Qutenza, please use the
contact information below.
Call, write, or fax:
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
420 Saw Mill River Road,
Ardsley, NY 10502
Reporting side effects
If you have experienced side effects from Qutenza,
please call 877-900-6479 and select option 1, or press zero on
your keypad to talk to an operator to direct your call.
Qutenza® is indicated for the management of neuropathic pain associated with postherpetic neuralgia.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Treatment with Qutenza must be performed only by a healthcare provider. You should never apply or remove Qutenza yourself.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Qutenza is not for use near eyes or mucous membranes. Do not sniff or inhale near the Qutenza patch as this may cause you to cough or sneeze.
- Do not touch the Qutenza patch with your hands. If you touch the patch, it may cause burning and stinging; if this occurs, tell your healthcare provider.
- Even though a numbing medicine is used on the skin before applying Qutenza, some patients may still experience substantial pain during the treatment. Tell your healthcare provider if you are experiencing pain; a cool compress or medicine for the pain can be provided to help lessen your discomfort.
- Qutenza can cause serious side effects including pain and increases in blood pressure during or right after treatment.
- Your healthcare provider should check your blood pressure during treatment with Qutenza.
- Patients who have high blood pressure that is not well controlled by medicine, or who have had recent heart problems, stroke, or other vascular problems, may be at increased risk and should discuss with their doctor whether Qutenza is right for them.
- If opioids are used to treat pain associated with the application procedure, please note that opioid treatment may affect the patient's ability to perform potentially hazardous activities such as driving or operating heavy machinery.
- In clinical studies, the most common drug-related side effects of Qutenza, which occurred in 5% or more of patients, included redness, pain, itching, or small bumps where Qutenza was applied, and nausea.
- You should tell your doctor if any side effects bother you or do not go away.
These are not all the side effects of Qutenza. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Please click here for full Prescribing Information.
Carton with one patch + cleansing gel: NDC number #10144-928-01
Carton with two patches + cleansing gel: NDC number #10144-929-01
Qutenza is a registered trademark of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
ACORDA THERAPEUTICS® and the stylized ACORDA THERAPEUTICS® logo are registered trademarks of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
© 2014 Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site is intended for residents of the United States only.